Google is a steadfast leader in global and local search with its share of 63% for desktop and 95% for mobile versions. But recently Facebook’s updates touched the search functionality and made Facebook a good player on the market. The social network giant improved its global search, local search and added new information blocks to the search results. What does it mean for auto dealers?
The updates Facebook provided for its users can work for auto dealerships’ benefit. All the necessary information and some additional details are now available for Facebook subscribers. Especially it’s very convenient for mobile users. Here’s a list of changes you should pay attention to:
- Effective location data. If a user located in the USA enters “Suzuki dealers” query, he won’t receive results from China, Cyprus or India any more. Now the listings within 2 miles of the searcher are displayed. Places tab gives even more results within 3 miles. Maps and directions are displayed on the Home page and the About page. The results include an address and a map location.
- Priority of Places. Places tab gives the information about places and local businesses provided only when a searcher needs it. If a user makes a query about dealerships he will get places on the top of the results page and then local businesses. Facebook also knows when locations are not required, so if a user wants to see just cars he won’t receive places or locations in the search results.
- Reliable results. Facebook’s search results get more relevant and valuable. The listings can provide photos, address, a distance from the searcher, ratings, work hours, etc. The results can also give some additional information if the query needs it. Such detailed information allows your dealership to get more likes and followers.
- Good information indexing. Facebook has improved the indexing of its information significantly. So today any posts, shares, reviews about your dealer website increase or decrease its position on the search results page. Besides, Facebook added suggested search terms that appear when a user enters the query. This leveled up the search function a lot and now users get better results that the platform indexed.
- Integration of friend posts and local search. Word of mouth advertising became the basis of Facebook’s new feature. People trust their friends, that’s the key. So if a person checked in or made a post about your business he receives a mini profile. Businesses got mini profile pictures in the search results, so now a user can see what places his friends have been to. As an alternative Facebook subscribers can place pins on interactive maps. Previously the maps were static.
- Crowdsourcing for building the database. Facebook’s audience is unlimited and it can help the social network improve its data, build up a good database and upgrade the search results. So Facebook tries to involve its subscribers into local search enhancement. If a user visited your dealership and tagged it or checked in via Facebook Editor he is offered to answer several yes-no questions to confirm the information provided. “Is this a correct address for the dealership?”, “Does it have a car repair shop?”, and other questions help Facebook create reliable and trustworthy database.
- Introducing City Guides. This time Facebook concentrated on traveling as a leading force that stimulates users’ activity in social media as well as promotes food and entertainment businesses. City Guides introduced by Facebook gives information about popular restaurants, sights, etc. for most attracted cities. Now users can see lists of friends who visited the city. By clicking on a friend it opens a list of places this person have been to. “Local favorites” is a valuable innovation that tells about most visited and favorable places that gained a good reputation.
How can you get to Facebook’s search? First of all, register your business in Facebook and follow some simple steps:
- Make sure your business profile is complete.
- Check out the information about your dealership location. It should be accurate and exact.
- Provide business categories to describe your business in detail. You have a possibility to add 2 categories in the About section.
- Take a use of the call-to-action buttons available on Facebook. You can increase your traffic and conversions.
- Allow Facebook to crowdsource answers about your business.
Autoxloo offers professional services on social media postings. You can increase the popularity of your Facebook page, improve your website visits, traffic, leads and conversions. Your ads and posts will get more eyeballs and you can extend your target audience coverage. Autoxloo’s smart software solutions are developed for dealer businesses, so you can be sure they meet all your individual business requirements.