Onpage optimization includes all the work that is done on your dealer website for making it fit the search engine requirements. The main goal of any search system is to provide the most relevant results for a user’s query. Every web resource in the results list should offer a solution to at least one of the user’s search needs. Ideally every query should have a separate webpage, but in practice a page can correspond to 2-3 queries.
When the search engine robots visit your webpage they thoroughly process and analyze every element of its structure. They divide a page into the following parts:
The Meta Description. It is a short sketch of your webpage. It gives a glimpse of what the page tells readers about. The Description forms a web snippet which is very important because you have a possibility to stand out from your competitors by highlighting the most essential and interesting information for your users.
For the successful onpage optimization follow the Description meta tag requirements:
- Write it 150-160 symbols long. Not more.
- It should start with the keywords which fit the main user’s query.
- Make it the maximum attractive for the users. Put questions and leave them without answers to arise the readers’ interest.
- By using it tell your audience simply and easily what the page is about.
The Title tag. It is one of the most important tags for the inner webpage optimization. Along with the Description, the Title tag forms snippet which presents a website in the search engine results page. You can also see it in your browser tab bar.
To make your Title tag the most SEO friendly and user attractive note the following requirements:
- Make it not less than 3 words long.
- Put a keyword at the beginning of the tag.
- It should contain not more than 60-65 symbols.
- Make all Title tags unique for all webpages.
- Add modifiers like “2017”, “best”, “review” etc. to cover long tail versions of your target keyword.
- Put a slash or a dash signs and type your brand or dealership name at the end of the tag. This will help you in branding.
The URLs. Use proper URLs for a better onpage optimization. Make them short, attractive and easy to remember. The long URL tails will confuse your visitors and search engine robots. Avoid unclear URLs or the long ones.
The headings make your content better and clearer for users and search engine robots. They are usually highlighted with h1-h6 tags. The h1 tag can compete with the Title tag for the first role in SEO ranking. As the heading is a direct message to the search systems saying what the page is about, it is one of the most important tags on the website. But you should be careful with the tag and heading usage. Keep your eye on the following:
- The h1 tag can be the only one on the webpage.
- If it contains the main keyword which promotes the page, then it’s ok.
- h1 is a logical tag. Do not use it as a visual attraction.
- The h1 tag should be unique for every separate webpage.
- Do not use punctuation marks in the h1 tag, such as commas, two-colons, etc.
- The tag shouldn’t be more than one sentence long.
- Do not make the h1 tag a hyperlink.
- The h2-h6 tags should contain keywords in different combinations.
- Use synonyms for these tags.
- The headings should be brief and laconic. Spam is forbidden here.
- Create a certain hierarchy for headings and subheadings.
The text content is the most important element on the webpage. There is no ideal formula for SEO-friendly and customer winning texts because any content depends on the topic, audience, target, queries, etc. The search engines may rank your webpage high despite of few keywords, absence of links or some other factors. Thus, you shouldn’t worry about the percentage of keywords present in your text. To make your content interesting, informative, catching and different from the others, keep in mind some common rules and tips:
- All the texts on your website should be 100% unique. Do not copy anything in any case.
- Involve your readers with the information, but not with the keyword use.
- Learn what your targeted audience wants and give it to them. Do not hunt the keywords.
- Include a keyword in the first 50-100 words.
- Mention different kind of information related to your topic. Your content will be reliable and relevant to multiple topics. It will result in lots of different users’ queries.
- Focus not only on the webpages, but on the website as a whole.
- Use synonyms and avoid tautology.
- Point at all important words in the text with the Strong tag.
- Add outbound links. The outbound links to reliable resources will give your page weight and authority with the search engines’ check.
- Include internal links. Remind of your inventory and services with the internal links. You will get additional traffic to some pages and a longer time on site.
- Make long posts. Google robots give more preference to the long articles than to the short ones.
The video and audio content is a big advantage for your website optimization. The search engines “love” the webpages with video and audio files and rank them high. So make videos of your vehicles and post them on your website. You can synchronize them with your YouTube channel for the best ranking results.
Images are an obligatory attribute of any webpage. You can’t promote your website without a visual presentation of your content. The images which are correctly optimized for your target audience can bring you an additional search traffic from the Google Images service. Use the following tips for the best search engine optimization:
- Create unique images, make photos or use proper pictures.
- Fill out the “alt” attribute.
- The image name should include the keyword promoted on the page.
- Use the picture with the text relevant to the topic.
The social network buttons are very beneficial and useful as they help to distribute your content and thus, increase your webpage visibility and improve your SEO listings. The high activity in the social networks won’t be left unnoticed with the search engines. Your website will boost in their results. So place the buttons and “shares” for all popular social networks you are registered with. Give your readers a possibility to like your content and to share them in their social network accounts.
Today Google aims its efforts at optimizing the content for mobile devices. In this light, a successful onpage optimization means a responsive web design. Autoxloo provides all the services for the most favorable on and off page optimization of your dealer website. We offer a full range of software for dealerships allowing you to market your inventory with the maximum profit, achieve high positions in the search engine results page and get a competitive advantage in the auto dealer industry.